I discovered this amazing dish in a tiny little restaurant in little Italy in Boston that my best friend took me to. In an effort to make it as healthy as possible, I use the organic brown rice and quinoa spaghetti from trader joes which is gluten-free.
Level: Easy Serves: 2
What you need:
• 2 servings of brown rice spaghetti (check package for serving size)
• 1 cup of peeled and chopped tomatoes
• 1 cup of cherry tomatoes cut in half
• 1 cup of lobster meat cut in chunks
• 3 tablespoons of olive oil
• 1 garlic clove
• 1 tablespoon of chopped basil
• A pinch of red pepper flakes or fresh chili (optional)
• Salt to taste
How to make it: In a wok or deep pan, add the chunks of peeled tomatoes and cook for 15 minutes at medium heat with the garlic clove. (In a separate pot cook your spaghetti following the packaging instructions). Add to your wok, the cherry tomatoes and lobster chunks for another 5 minutes. Add olive oil to your sauce, salt and red pepper to taste. Then mix your pasta with your sauce and serve with sprinkled chopped parsley.
Tip: If you don’t want to eat the garlic whole, just take it out; I usually just use it for taste. Save a bit of the water you cooked the pasta in and use it for your sauce if it gets dry when mixing with the pasta. Italians are very against putting cheese on seafood or fish pasta; if you must, use pecorino instead of parmigiano as it goes much better.